Gunston Culture Club Blog

A blog in which George Mason university students discuss their facilitation of an after-school program in critical literacy at a middle school.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sandra Cisneros and Storytelling

I had the best time yesterday, so good I want to propose we continue this at least into the near future . . . Is anyone interested in obtaining 3 more internship credits?

The telling of ghost stories was especially wonderful. The children would like to do this on Wednesday. So let's plan to let everyone tell a story -- and if they've written them down please keep them -- and then to show the movie. Caitlin Chapuis has the DVD player and movie.

I would show as much of the movie as you can and leave enough time for discussion of "reading" strategies, along the lines of what you've been doing.

I do owe the young woman who sits with Lorena (not Thalia) a soda, please tell her I will make good on this in two weeks when I come back.

Also, can someone bring back the DVD and leave it in my office?

Thanks!

L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home